In today’s ever-changing world, having ample liability coverage – umbrella insurance – for your auto, boat or homeowners policies can give you the added protection you need.
Our agents will work with you to decide how much coverage is right for you. We will help you determine the value of both your current and future assets, as well as help you identify any potential risks, like a teenager who drives.
Umbrella insurance coverage provides:
- Protection for covered claims by others for personal injury or property damage caused by you, members of your family/household, or hazards on your property
- Personal liability coverage for occurrences on or off your premises
- An additional layer of protection above your primary auto policy against auto-related liabilities
- Protection against non-business related personal injury liabilities such as slander, libel, wrongful eviction or false arrest
- Legal defense costs, including lawyer fees and court costs for a covered loss
- Worldwide coverage no matter where you go
Umbrella insurance provides the additional protection you need in case a judgment against you exceeds the liability limits of your existing auto, boat or homeowners policy. Below are a few common definitions to help you understand the legal terms used in an umbrella insurance policy:
Personal liability is coverage for damage that you are legally responsible for. This includes incidents occurring at your home and/or caused by you, residents of your household or your pets.
Personal Injury covers many predicaments including bodily shock, emotional distress, mental anguish, sickness, false arrest and defamation of character to name a few.
Property damage covers accidental damage to the property of others caused by you, residents of your household or your pets.