Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial auto insurance policies, like personal auto policies, are designed to cover your liability risks and provide compensation for damage to your vehicle. It helps your business cover the financial costs resulting from an auto accident if you or an employee is found at fault and helps pay for damaged property and medical expenses.
Your business requires commercial auto insurance if:
- Your business owns, leases or rents vehicles
- Employees drive company-owned, leased or rented vehicles
- Employees drive their own vehicles while conducting business
- You or your employees drive company cars for both business and personal use
Getting the right commercial auto insurance policy for your business can be complicated, but an Upstate Agency agent will compare policies from multiple insurance companies and help you find the right coverage for your business. Prior to meeting with an Upstate Agency insurance agent, be sure to provide all the important facts regarding your company vehicle use including:
- How is the company organized (from a legal perspective)?
- What types of vehicles does your company use?
- Who owns them?
- Who drives them? You will need to provide driver’s license information for each driver.
- How often do you or your employees drive these vehicles?
- Do you transport people? Transport or deliver goods? Use the vehicle to provide services?
This information will assist your Upstate Agency agent find a commercial auto insurance policy tailored to your business.
There are many variables to designing the right commercial auto insurance policy for your business, but a typical insurance policy will include:
Liability covers expenses resulting from an accident you or an employee cause including bodily injury to another person, property damage to another person’s property and legal fees.
Medical payments covers hospitalization and other medical expenses for you or your employees and any passengers in your vehicle.
Uninsured/underinsured motorist covers bodily injury and property damage you or your employees and passengers incur if an uninsured or underinsured motorist caused the accident.
Collision coverage covers your vehicle when another object or vehicle causes damage.
Comprehensive coverage covers “other than collision” perils such as weather damage, theft and vandalism.
Contact an Upstate Agency agent today and we will find the right commercial auto insurance policy for your business needs.